Skip to main content

Stronghold of Fear

For so long, I struggled with fear in so many different areas of my life, that it had become a natural part of me.  At first it started with being afraid of sleeping in complete darkness, then it escalated to fear of speaking in front of crowds of people, and then fear of losing certain loved ones in my life.  Fear had gripped me to the point where any time I would have job interviews, especially for positions that I really desired, I would panic and become so fearful that I would get tongue tied, as if I did not prepare for the interview.  Over time it became so bad that I stopped applying for positions that I felt would consist of intimidating interviews.  In addition, fear began to hinder the plan and purpose God intended for me to walk, as I would even allow the enemy to stop me from testifying to the goodness and mercy of God.  The enemy would always play on my thoughts making me believe that I would sound dumb or stupid if I got up to give thanks and praise God for His many blessings.  Thank God He is merciful.com!!!  Fear has been such a major stronghold in my life for so long, but finally I am tired of being tired of living my life through fear. 

During the entire month of June, I felt led to participate with some other women of God in a spiritual fast, where the purpose was to pray and fast for children, marriages, and families.  Each day we prayed for specific things but God also spoke through others in addressing certain struggles and challenges that some of us may or may not have been experiencing at some point in our life time. For me, God had been showing and revealing to me a lot of dark and not so attractive areas in my life.  At first when God began to show me things that he wanted cleaned up in my life, it became overwhelming because it seemed like alot to take in all at once.  However, one that was revealed was this very area of Fear!!!

When God first brought it to my attention, of course my first instinct was to ignore what He was trying to show me.  I don't think I felt as if I were ready to fight and stand up to the enemy when it came to this area of my life, as it had been a part of me for so long.  Nevertheless, as I allowed God to begin walking me through the process, he gave me a song that is sung by Juanita Bynum, called "Psalms 23." This passage had never really spoke to me in the manner that it did as I listened to Juanita Bynum minister this song.  It was like every word was annointed and every ounce of fear that I felt at that moment had no choice but to flee.  So now, as God continues to walk me into complete healing and freedom in this area, every time I sense fear even trying to come over me, I listen to the song. 

I refuse to allow the enemy to keep me from walking into my full purpose in God and I encourage you to do the same.  Below is the youtube video of, "Psalms 23" by: Juanita Bynum.  Listen to the words and allow it to get deep down in your soul.

Be Encouraged!!!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much Tempest! I really appreciate the love and support.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bound by Shame: My Unborn Child

During my undergraduate career, I found myself at a backslidden state in my faith walk.   It was my first time out on my own without the supervision of my mother and I allowed the freedom to get the best of me.   I allowed myself to get caught up in the lies of guys and fall into sexual sin.   Though I had morals and respect for myself by not sleeping with a lot of different guys, I still fell into the trap of the enemy.   After my first year of college, I got involved with a guy that I was dating off and on for about two years.   We engaged in sexual sin and I ended up pregnant.   When I first learned that I was pregnant, I was about 6 weeks along and there was no doubt in my mind that I would be getting an abortion.   In my opinion, neither of us could afford to bear a child.   Furthermore, as sad as it may sound, I had no sense of feeling or emotion about the abortion at the time; all I knew was that I was not going through with having a child and bringing shame upon myself and my f

Numb to the Disease

Have you ever had something happen to you that was so shameful and/or embarassing that you blocked it from your mind and became totally numb to the situation?  Well, I had an experience like this my sophomore year of college.   At that time, I  began  to engage in sexual sin with a gentlemen I was involved with for about two years off and on.  I thought it was the thing to do since I had been with him for some time and the relationship seemed to be pretty exclusive, or so I thought.  After having the abortion, I was scheduled to come back within the next week or two to have a check up done to make sure the procedure went well and that there was no problems or concerns thereafter.  The check up went well, however, they also administered a pap smear where they checked me to see if I had any sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).  A couple of weeks after having the pap smear done,  I received a letter in the mail instructing me to call them because they had some important information to te

The Fatherless Home

Growing up for me had its challenges, as my mother raised my little sister and I without either of our fathers being physically present.  Now, don't mistake me, this is not a blog post to speak negatively about either of our fathers, I simply have the intention of taking you down the road that I traveled while growing up in a "fatherless home." During the first five years of my life, my mother and I lived with my grandmother, aunts, and uncles.  However, at the the age of five, my mother moved out on her own, and my life began to change.  Once my mother moved out, she no longer had the physical and financial support she needed to provide for both of us.  I watched her work hard, day in and day out, to provide us with the necessities needed to survive.  Sometimes, before school, I would have to stay in the home alone just until it was time for me to head out to the bus stop, because my mother did not and could not afford to provide me with a sitter.  I use to think to my